Re: Introduction of the Music Owners Listening Rights Act of 2000

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 14:59:04 PDT

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Wilfredo Sanchez wrote:

--]> I remember reading somewhere (maybe I dreamed it) that in Europe, the
--]> recording industry gets a small share of the revenues generated from the
--]> sale of cassette tapes.
--]
--] I don't know about compact cassettes, but this did happen with DAT
--]tapes, and it's bull. It's basically a fine for committing a crime you
--]are expected to commit but haven't yet and may never commit.
--]

Yep, and it kept DATS from taking off as they should have, well that and a
few technical glitches.

I seem to recall cassests having a per foot "surcharge" set on it by the
recording Industry.

I can only wait till Shirllery Rosen decalres we need a surchage oon
hearing aids for retransmiting music

--]
--] So long as I get my share of the revenue, OK. I'm an artist.

Go put an mp3 up on mp3.com and buy your own cd...Boom your an artist.

Tom "multi single selling artist) whore
http://mp3.com/mediawhore

--]Wilfredo Sánchez, wsanchez@apple.com
--]Open Source Engineering Lead
--]Apple Computer, Inc., Core Operating System Group
--]1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, CA 94086, 408.974-5174

Hows the NDA compaign going with the g4 cubes?:)-
Tell steve I say "apple ][ 4vr babby"

    [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]