Re: On to kids....

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 23:26:56 PDT

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Jeff Bone wrote:

> Yeah, yeah. How about this one. Setting aside all the wacky nanotech,
> Singularity, and similar possibilities, BY FAR the most effective way to
> propagate my genes *TODAY* is to simply go down and get paid to whack off
> at the local sperm bank.

*chuckles* even better.

FoRK testimonies to the contrary, the people _I_ know with kids are not
what I would classify as "Happy" (big H), busy, sleep deprived,
stressed, financially stressed on the other hand...

> PS - I was with you till the end of your message, but didn't parse the
> "needs" bit or the "Bill" bit.

Needs:
I can spend a huge amount of time A) raising a couple rugrats, who will
no doubt end up as liberal arts majors (I wouldn't wish geekdom on
anyone) or I can B) spend it trying to make things better for the 6B
humans and uncountable other lifeforms wandering around and in this big
ball of dirt. I choose B (mostly by choice I think)

Bill:
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Bill Humphries wrote:
> We can get back to arguing about Namespaces and RSS instead all
> these intangibles about marriage and kids. :-)

- Adam L. Beberg
  Mithral Communications & Design, Inc.
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/