Re: On to kids....

From: cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 23:50:41 PDT

Watch me jump another fence! (:

I was at a Gathering last 4th of July and a parade of gay guys walk
through the main circle with a banner that said something like "Don't
Breed" on it. I looked to my left and a woman stood there, a child
holding either of her hands. I knew there'd be problems. (: Shanta
Sena (something kind of like peace patrol) were called in, and I'm not
sure how things were resolved, as I did not go back to the main circle
during that Gathering, but the gist of it is this: It's a damned good idea
not to reproduce, as we only have a limited supply of everything, but if
you're good at it, or want to give it a try......well, that's not a right
I'd ever want taken away from me.... The reason I bring this up is
because, because of population concerns, etc, we should (there is that
word again) not be reproducing at the rate we are. Many governments have
set laws concerning this, and that frightens me. No, I don't think a
woman should have 12 children to get extra welfare, but YES, women who can
raist 12 children lovingly and patiently, the SO BE IT. In other words,
be careful about what you say. There are others that are translating it
differently.
paranoid,
Cindy

 "A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity."
          -- Robert Frost