Re: For our next debate...

From: cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 13:24:36 PDT

It's interesting that you call it pseudo atheism. The book that I still
can't remember talked a bit about spiritual evolution, which usually
involves the following steps, not necessarily in this order:
1. raised w/ one belief system
2. rebellion against that belief system
2.a. atheism
2.b. agnosticism
3. a return to the original belief system, with a completely brand new
perspective of it, or a flight to an "opposite" belief system, usually
with pepperings of the original one intact.

 "A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity."
          -- Robert Frost