Re: The P in P2P

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 11:46:53 PDT

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Dave Winer wrote:

--]To really pull it off, imho, you need more than an HTTP server.
--]
--]You need really good text editing, an outliner, and a content management
--]system, and lots of user-oriented stuff built on all that stuff.
--]
--]Apache doesn't have anything for the "user experience" and doesn't run
--]particularly well on the popular end-user platforms.

Apache has been running wsmf.org on an old clunky win98 box for a couple
of years now. Apache isself has never failed.

Id call that running particulary well.

Oh yea, even my old roomate can set it up. Now thats an acid test for
useability.

AS for multi protocol. There are multi protocol apps already. Its called
my windows desk top:)- I get IRc running with FTP cooking with apache and
what ever else comes my way.

But I do know where you boyos are aiming for. Youwant something as easy to
install as a pair of Levis Loose fit, with the same opertunity for
branding and marketing as well.

Well shit, go buy a brand and stick it on ftp.irc/apache.

Resue recylce

Pece love.