Re: confederacy of dunces*

From: John Boyer (johnboy@hiwaay.net)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 12:05:52 PST

At 01:42 PM 11/27/2000 -0600, you wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, John Boyer wrote:
>
>-snip-
>
> > These days Racism in this country is a boogeyman that, statistically
> > speaking, does not exist. Ask yourself, how many real racists do you know?
> > How many have you ever met? What color were they?
>
>the above statement is BULLSHIT. Racism is -not- just a
>boogeyman. I know tons of racists and they are many different 'colors.'

C'mon Cindy, you know Mississippi doesn't count.[1] And could you please
tell me what you really think?

No really, I don't mean that there aren't any, heck I know several. I've
got first cousins who are upset that my wife isn't exactly white. But out
of the shear number of people I do know, they are insignificant. And they
don't tend to be the power wielding elite, if you know what I mean. Hardly
worth all the bother that we as a society put into them. In fact, all that
do-goodism breeds more ill will than it solves.
I really like the college lunchroom example. It's the same with black and
white churches. Birds of a feather, nothing racist about that.

johnboy

[1] One good thing about living in Alabama is that we still get to make fun
of Mississippi.
We're number 49! We're number 49! We're number 49!