Re: confederacy of dunces*

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 12:15:06 PST

"James C. Hong" wrote:

> Really????

Really. Granted, you get a lot more "Deliverance"-style prejudice in Texas, all
over the South really, but again those are just clumps of ignorant hicks who can
safely be ignored most of the time. But what turned my crank was the
oh-so-race-conscious bullshit you get among the "enlightened, liberal" Calis.
You know the old saw: "Southerners hate the race but love the person, while
Yankees love the race but hate the person?" Well, horrible generalization of
course, but the situation I ran into while living out west was pretty close to
the latter.

Note too this is a characterization of the South Bay; I can't speak for SFO,
Oakland, etc.

jb