Re: In Praise of Communism

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 13:50:25 PST

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Dug Song wrote:

> we're only hypocrites if we let ourselves be. better to be an unwitting,
> but righteous hypocrite, than an ironic, conscious supporter of injustice.

I believe it's my capitalist duty (you did read your handbook didn't
you?) not to give a rat's-back-side about anyone else. I want the
children working in slave camps making my cheap foot coverings
_somewhere_else_, just not in _my_ neighborhood. Nevermind they get
marked up to insane prices once they get here - that's capitalism!
In the end everyone gets screwed, reguardless of what you call it, god
bless america! (you're supposed to say that too)

Luckily I got an education and don't buy any of that anymore. Like every
other time in history, eventually the slave workers get pissed off and
burn the civilization to the ground. Rinse, lather, repeat.

> may i now make an analogy between the power of widely distributed parallel
> computing:
> and widely distributed parallel activism:

Similar logos? :) Too bad a little fish has never eatten
a big fish unless an even bigger fish killed it first.

- Adam L. Beberg
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/