Re: CMGi to build a "global Web operating system"

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 13:59:51 PST

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Adam Rifkin -4K wrote:

> Okay FoRKbusters, would someone please tell me what the fork David Wetherell
> is talking about when he uses the phrase "global Web operating system"?

> > Andover, Massachusetts-based CMGI also expects to build a 'global Web
> > operating system' that lets cell phones, hand- held computers and other
> > wireless devices link to data centers for applications and data.
> > Wetherell didn't say when the system would be ready.

They discovered TCP/IP. CMGI was bound to run across this technology
eventually. Watch the patent databases, it should show up soon as
we all know the USPTO will not have heard of this one before.

- Adam L. Beberg
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/