Manners

From: Tom (tomwhore@wsmf.org)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 11:16:03 PDT

On Fri, 4 May 2001, John Hall wrote:

--]So I'm new to Fork and I think good manners should be encouraged, or at
--]least bad manners discouraged.
--]

Manners are usaly the last resort of a weak argument.

The maps is not the territory just as the manner is not the substence.
I would rather have an honest open discourse then some polite tea party
tango which turns all sequence but no substance.

OF course you can have civlity in all things, just so long as it does not
get int he way of the item itself.

The little Logic Circle jerk you folks just had, classic example.
(insert amusing pun using cope and copi here)

Meanwhile, the best thing to be said was the Metamath site, which has
been rocking me silly for a few weeks now. Now ther is substance. Ive dug
up some old WffNProff manuals with thoughts of making an online version of
it. Move aside Evercrack:)-

Kugely Yours

_tom

 "Do or do not , there is no try."