RE: Algonquin bears

duck (duck@hellskitchen.com)
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 21:40:31 -0400 (EDT)

At 07:13 AM 7/16/97 -0700, Joe Barrera wrote:
>> Idiots. That makes *5* humans attacked (and killed) in *2* attacks.
>
>> Interesting. No attacks in the first 85 years, and now 3 in the
>> last 19, with an increasing frequency (78,91,97). Do you
>> suppose the bears are getting more aggressive for some reason?
>> Much likelier explanation is that the number of people
>> visiting the park is dramatically increasing, making incidents
>> statistically more probable. I stick up for the bears. It
>> shoulda eaten the stupid kid ;-).
>
>Wow. Kind of harsh, don't you think? Kid deserves a horrible death
>because dad shows (arguably) bad judgement?

This guy's idiocy is just a symptom of a disease that will eventually wipe
all of us out -- lack of respect for nature. It takes deaths to prevent
massacres.

>By this standard I don't
>think any of us should have made it into adulthood. Especially those of
>us whose parents drove cars, had pools in the backyard, barbecued
>hamburgers, etc.

I think you just reinforced his point. See sig.

">

******
"A process which led from the amoeba to man appeared to the philosophers
to be obviously a progress, though whether the amoeba would agree with this
opinion is not known."
- Bertrand Russell