Re: [eBay] Quotable Quotes

Mark Kuharich (mark@is2inc.com)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:37:44 -0700

"Janie L. Wilkins" wrote:
brought to
> mind an article I read recently on the success of eBay in
> which one man details how he makes his living by buying and
> selling on eBay. This man claims to make $1,500/week on
> average... which would work out to be a whopping
> $78,000/year (most of which he probably doesn't have to
> claim for taxes). Anyone else out there read this article?

[I read either a similar or the same article in the WSJ. Apparently,
this man buys $35K of stamps from the local post office at one time
every week. He only half jokingly asks for an armed guard when he
approaches the service window.

Mark Kuharich

Join my free e-mail newsletter called "the Software View" by sending
mailto:thesoftwareview-owner@west-point.org
"the Software View" is archived at:
http://www.softwareview.com ]