Re: Opera beta for linux available

From: Edd Dumbill (edd@usefulinc.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 15:11:33 PDT

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 06:41:35PM +0200, H?kon Wium Lie wrote:
> October 5, 2000 - Opera Software today released a Beta version of
> Opera 4.0 for Linux, bringing the best browser alternative for Linux one
> step closer to a final release.

I'd leave the world "alternative" out there, H&kon. I'm so impressed
with this piece of software, it's a major improvement on the previous
Linux release of Opera, and even at beta1 stage stomps all over Netscape
4.x or Mozilla. As I work in a browser most of my day a good browser
makes all the difference to me.

Congratulations. You've made this Linux user exceedingly happy.

-- Edd