Re: XNS

From: Robert S. Thau (rst@ai.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 06:08:49 PDT

Kragen Sitaker writes:
> Perhaps it's better if we don't subject them to the slings and arrows
> of outrageous Slashdotters until they have gotten to the point of
> minimally complying with the OSD.

Point taken, but that crowd doesn't necessarily take kindly to faits
accomplis even if they are minimally OSD compliant (witness the QPL
fracas, though it didn't help in that case to have Stallman stirring
the pot). To deal with them, I think it's probably best to have at
least one round of maximally open public comment before finalizing the
thing.

But I can certainly see that it makes sense to iron out obvious
problems more quietly first.

rst