Re: XNS

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 10:51:37 PDT

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Dave Winer wrote:

--]My two cents: I know Adam for many years, and trust him. Dave

Trust in a person is a great thing. It is valued.

But trust in a person does very little in the workings of a system. You
may trust Adam, but if Adam is the trust in the system and he leaves, is
replaced/removed, etc etc then the trust is gone and the system
flawed...but now it has MY information.

Trust in a person is a good start..to make the system work I want to Trust
the system, to have it validated by thousands of others who have differnt
"personal views" than I but who test the system for the systems
faults/trusts. Me, I would be hard pressed to make a good assesment of the
system from a code point of view. the beuaty of the net is there are
thousands who have that skill and who are more than happy to test out new
systems like XNS.

Adam and his works look like a great start. From the last post I can see a
genuine desire to make this work as a system. From your post Dave I
take it he has convinced more than a view folks. Heck, if it werent for
Keiths TB article I would never have tried it:)-

I hope that the system itself gets the testing and modification needed to
make it work like the goal is set out. I got my account, ill do what I
can.

    [---===tomwhore@ []wsmf.org []inetarena.com []slack.net===---]
                   WSMF's web site ----http://wsmf.org