Saw your site.

From: Blues Clues (fork-required@xent.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 22:55:36 PDT

Dear Mr. Rosario,
  I recently saw your site at http://xent.com/sept00/0502.html
and the business proposition that you submitted to FoRK
on behalf of WorldMall. I am the executive treasurer for the
Tim Byars Memorial fund in charge of outstanding accounts.
Before agreeing to a contact, there are a couple of
questions that we'd like to ask. According to your
promotion, worldmall.com receives over 25 million hits
annually. Is this unique user id's? Hits per page?
Number of times that the front graphic has been downloaded?
Please send the methodology by which your company evaluates
the hit/roi as we'd like to determine whether or not
the traffic we would get from your site is adequate for
our purposes. FoRK as you know, is a collective of
knowledge about life, the universe, and everything.
We're particularly intrigued by the ability to submit monthly
the FoRK site to 2000 search engines. Just recently
I did a search on my second favorite search engine
Altavista.com for "Life, the Universe, and Everything".

I was disappointed to learn that page after page didn't
contain a FoRK reference. In fact, Guido Van Rossum seems
to have been able to place 75th with a 1994q3 posting
about Python, the Universe, and Everything. The post
is very interesting because the next post has a great
story about Zen and bicycles.
http://ftp.cwi.nl/www.python.org/search/hypermail/python-1994q3/0725.html

I've included the story here for your future
click-through traffic that are too lazy to click
through to read the story.

>A Zen teacher saw five of his students returning from the market,
>riding their bicycles. When they arrived at the monastary and had dis-
>mounted, the teacher asked the students, "Why are you riding your
>bicycles?"
>
>The first student replied, "The bicycle is carrying the sack of
>potatoes. I am glad that I do not have to carry them on my back!" The
>teacher praised the first student, "You are a smart boy! When you grow
>old, you will not walk hunched over like I do."
>
>The second student replied, "I love to watch the trees and fields
>pass by as I roll down the path!" The teacher commended the second
>student,
>"Your eyes are open, and you see the world."
>
>The third student replied, "When I ride my bicycle, I am content
>to chant nam myoho renge kyo." The teacher gave praise to the third stu-
>dent, "Your mind will roll with the ease of a newly trued wheel."
>
>The fourth student replied, "Riding my bicycle, I live in harmony
>with all sentient beings." The teacher was pleased, and said to the
>fourth
>student, "You are riding on the golden path of non-harming."
>
>The fifth student replied, "I ride my bicycle to ride my
>bicycle." The teacher sat at the feet of the fifth student and said,
>"I am your student!"]

It's not until link #96 that we finally get a FoRK post
for the search about another Zen concept concerning
slashdot and free-form idea nodes that are extensible
and user mutable.
http://www.xent.com/FoRK-archive/july98/0203.html

Now, why is it that a programming language legend that
can't even port a PythonVM to the Palm if his life
depended on it deserves a higher placement than the
collective thing that is FoRK is beyond me. If you can
give us a gurantee that you can place FoRK higher than
any Guido link within the next month, then I am sure
you will find us willing to dispense our $19.95/month
willingly. Please advise,

Director of Online Marketing
& Treasurer, FoRK