FW: [Wash Post] The WAP backlash continues...

From: S. Mike Dierken (mike@knownow.com)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 10:54:31 PDT

This is a key insight - to regard the headers, devices, etc. as part of the
'environment' of the processor.
It lets you do lots of things with simple tools. It makes you consider most
systems for generating dynamic web content (Apache mods, PHP, ASP, servlets,
etc.) as transformation systems.

In the past I had suggested coming up with a canonical XML DTD for the data
in HTTP Request and Response objects. This would let XML processing engines
play with the full HTTP information.

Here is a pointer to a message talking about this a little.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2000Mar/0063.html

Mike