Re: Congrats! OS/X in NYTimes

From: Ernest N. Prabhakar (ernest@alumni.caltech.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 12:33:05 PDT

on 9/16/00 6:05 AM, klassa@mail.com at klassa@mail.com wrote:

> Granted, all of this is pointless because it sounds like much of what
> I'm asking for *will* be released (as Dr. Ernie mentioned)... I
> mention this mostly because you (Fred) have made it sound like the fact
> that Unix is at the core of your machine is an incidental detail rather
> than a selling point. I see it as more of the latter, really.

That's deliberate. Fred (as an engineer) isn't allowed to claim Mac OS X is
UNIX, or else I'll shoot him (for causing mass riots of Mac users).

I'm a marketing weenie, so I can distort reality whenever I feel like it.
;-)

Ernest N. Prabhakar, Ph.D.
ernest@drernie.com
http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~ernest