Re: An example

From: Jonathan Eisenzopf (eisen@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 17:05:01 PDT

Dave Winer wrote:

> >>sinister puppetmasters at O'Reilly about all that.
>
> Dan, this is a serious issue for me, and I wish you wouldn't treat it with
> sarcasm.
>
> Dave

Ok,
here's the list of RSS 1.0 authors. Of them, could you identify
which ones are OReilly puppets?:
Gabe Beged-Dov
Dan Brickley
Rael Dornfest
Ian David
Leigh Dodds
Jonathan Eisenzopf
David Galbraith
R.V. Guha
Eric Miller
Eric van der Vlist

All the authors are pretty independent thinkers. Oreilly would
have to be very sinister to be able to fool everyone, having
never had any contact with most of them before, even after the
spec was written. In fact Dave, Rael started at Oreilly after
that initial conference call between you, me, Dale Dougherty,
Peter Wiggin, and Jon Udell. Rael didn't even know about that
conversation until recently when I brought it to his attention.

I think reckless libel of Oreilly and slanderous statements of
the authors, just cause you got your feelings hurt, is childish.
Your piss and run approach to working things out is ridiculous.
If you can't take it, don't dish it out chuck.

Anyways, I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me
and sticks to you. :P...

P.S. RSS was invented by Netscape, not Dave Winer.

--
Jonathan Eisenzopf    |  http://motherofperl.com
eisen@pobox.com       |  http://perlxml.com