Re: On to kids....

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 21:48:58 PDT

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Jeff Bone wrote:

> Kent Spaulding wrote:
>
> > Until you have a child you won't understand...
>
> I just wish that all these existing parents who want to push you
> towards parenthood would at least make SOME attempt to relate to the
> rest of us, justify their pressure, expain why the hell we shouldn't
> all run in screaming horror to avoid the kinds of train wrecks it
> appears from the outside that they have made of their lives by
> having kids. No, they don't want us to run, they want us to SIGN UP.
> But they won't tell us why. "Until you have a child, you won't
> understand. BUT DO IT NOW OR BE CALLED A SELFISH BASTARD FOREVER!"

How about this one. As a member of the lifeform club your reason for
being is to survive and REPRODUCE. Those are the rules, they are the
only reason you are here at all, and the only way you'll exist passed
the trivially brief lifespan...

Well that was the old way anyway. Now some of override that and are off
trying to save the world, and consider investing that much time in a
couple kids to be a horrible violation of "the needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few, or ME ME ME"

It's with Bill, back to ripping on computer protocols, human protocols
just make me want to take a long walk on a short peer...

- Adam L. Beberg
  Mithral Communications & Design, Inc.
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/