Re: The P in P2P

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 13:50:17 PDT

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Strata Rose Chalup wrote:

--]
--]I'll answer that one-- it would be great if it were open source enough
--]that the folks for whom Unix usage (Linux, BSD, whatever) IS a priority
--]could go out and try to do some porting in parallel.
--]
--]I keep hearing about how great this stuff is, but y'know, I can't run
--]it. It's like those postcards you get from slackers on vacation saying
--]"man, you won't believe this, it's so awesome here! whoops, gotta go, I
--]met these college volleyball chicks and they just showed up with a
--]bottle of tequila and the key to the hot-tub! see you back at the
--]office!"

With the cheapness of hard drives and/or the availability of something
like VMware I cant forsee a situation where you wouldnt be able to eaily
set up a win drive with either a floppy boot or a cdr boot.

ymmmv