Re: [Oregonian] The War to Open Cable Networks.

Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:39:54 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, I Find Karma wrote:

> You gotta love the city of Portland, who may be directly responsible for
> jeopardizing a $48 billion merger:
>
> http://www.oregonlive.com/business/98/12/bz121804.html
>
> There's a huge legal battle brewing in the high-speed Internet access
> market...

Yep, and im living thru it up here. The good news is ADSL is up and
pumping to most folks who ordered it.

The main point of contention in the coffe house deabtes is that ISP HAVE
To be able to offer services on the thing. IF its a choiceof one, most
folks would rather not have the choice. Oregonians are, except for the gas
pumping issue, very keen of having a choice.

I gota say, i fit right in here.