Re: Great quote from Sun's vice president/general counsel, Mike Morri

Mark Baker (mark@conveyor.com)
Fri, 15 May 1998 22:26:41 +0000

Joe Barrera wrote:

> "We're not going to let the market decide what's appropriate," said Morris.
>
> <http://206.15.118.165/051398/1791.htm>
> http://206.15.118.165/051398/1791.htm
>
> (After all, why bother competing in the marketplace when you've got
> lawyers?)

Be fair Joe.

If the contract between Sun and Microsoft is interpreted by the courts
to say that MS must do only 100% Java, then why should a decision - by
any party - be necessary? Which Win32 API do you program to? 8-)

Of course, Morris still looks like an ass without similarly qualifying
his statement. But he could easily have been quoted out of context.

MB

--
Mark Baker, CTO, Beduin Communications Corp.
Ottawa, CANADA         http://www.beduin.com