RE: Prisoner of cyberspace

Joe Barrera (joebar@MICROSOFT.com)
Tue, 12 May 1998 13:41:09 -0700

> From: Lloyd Wood [mailto:eep1lw@surrey.ac.uk]
> Actually, I find the sheer concept of 'full-screen apps' to be a
> somewhat bizarre subversion of a windowing system, and should probably
> have stated this more clearly for this readership.

If we had wall-size displays, I might agree with you. But until then, there
are apps where the bigger, the better -- like being able to run WinWord with
two pages displayed. If that's a bizarre subversion of a windowing system,
then a windowing system is a bizarre way of using screen real-estate.

- Joe

Joseph S. Barrera III <joebar@acm.org>
<http://research.microsoft.com/~joebar/>
Phone, Office: (415) 778-8227; Cellular: (415) 601-3719; Home: (650)
588-4801
Microsoft Research (BARC), 301 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94105-6605
The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and do not
reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation.