Re: Debate [RE: Anniversary motto]

John M. Klassa (klassa@aur.alcatel.com)
Thu, 07 May 1998 13:04:25 -0400

LW> Why isn't 'deeds alone' an option here? There's a distinct
LW> religious/cultural bias in the question otherwise.

It's not an option there because the question revolves around the
relevance of deeds in relation to faith. That faith is required is a
given, at least among those who tend to ask the question. Whether deeds
are required is what's under discussion.

LW> Murderers on death row who convert still get executed, you know.

...and your point is what? Christ paid for our sins so that we can
enjoy eternal life with Him. Had he not, we'd spend eternity apart from
Him. He never promised that we wouldn't have to pay the earthly price
for our transgressions against society.

--
John Klassa / Alcatel Telecom / Raleigh, NC, USA <><