Re: Survivor

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 12:24:20 PDT

I was pondering this just last night. I suspect that at least a reasonable
fraction of the folks that are interested in this stuff are stressed-out
dot-commers with scads of cash and an unscratched itch for this kind of
competition / adventure. I think one really interesting wrinkle on this
would be as follows: make the price of the trip very high, say $20-30k, and
run each trip as a group contest with some of that in a pot; the winner
under the rules of engagement, whatever those are, talking home the pot.

Run things in 20 person groups, run 2 / month / guide, and you're pulling in
(at the $20k pricetag, let's say you're clearing $10k) $400k / month /
guide. Get it going in about 6 locations simultaneously, and you've got a
revenue stream of $2.4M / month just on the contests... then there's all the
add-ons... You're clearing around ~$29M a year; while it's not dot-com
billions, that's a respectable revenue stream, and one that would be a hell
of a lot of fun to capture.

Anybody want to do this?

jb