Weird permutations of Movie Logic (was Re: Adam...)

Jeff Bone (jbone@activerse.com)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:23:12 -0500

Jay Thomas wrote:
>> I Find Karma wrote:
>> way. Too bad the movie "Two Guys and a Girl" doesn't have a
soundtrack
> Oh, Adam :( I hope you, whose taste in movies, I totally respect,
> wouldn't recommend this turd of a movie!

I saw a sneak of 2GG on Monday as well, and I just didn't get the
point. I also saw "The Object of Affection" over the weekend, and see
some odd similarities. In particular, both movies attempt to defy
conventional American movie logic, and IMO fail to do so in a
satisfactory way. Now, I usually love anything that goes against the
norm, but in neither of these movies does the attempt to defy standard
plot conventions work...

Is this a trend? If so, I hope other scriptwriters who attempt this
come up with better and more satisfactory ways to break our conceptual
molds...

jb