Re: Deadly accurate article on the state of GNOME and its relationship to the FSF

From: Tom (tomwhore@wsmf.org)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 11:41:36 PDT

On 4 May 2001, Karl Anderson wrote:

--]Eirikur Hallgrimsson <eh@mad.scientist.com> writes:
--]
--]> was free in 'every rational sense of the word.' He forgets that the FSF,
--]> did, in fact, define the term Free Software. In 1983. Sticking to their
--]> definition does not do them discredit.
--]
--]is saying. You can argue that KDE's freeness, or BSD or Artistic or
--]ZPL's freeness etc., aren't free enough, but I call them all free
--]software, if not FSF-Approved Free Software.
--]

I think the Gnome KDE rift was a great thing for OSS and FSF.
It gave a good visalu breakdown of the ego driven from those who are in it
for the greater good of the cause.

Remember Gov Cheese.

-tom_wsmf