Re: Why "progressive" tax schemes are evil

From: Bill Humphries (bill@whump.com)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 12:16:13 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Jensen" <mattj@newsblip.com>
> [Oh, wait. I should have made that broader. Not only are Tom and Jeff
> against laws "for your own good", they're against laws "for the good of
> others". For example, from that thread, Jeff is against laws requiring
> meat inspectors; he'd rather let tort law and market forces handle it.]

And if you add in the "Food Slander" laws, then you've effectively shielded
producers from any responsibility! What a wonderful world. If you're worried
about your food supply poisoning you, just pay more, but don't you dare
criticize those poor, risk-taking producers.

Wouldn't it be more efficient if the wealthy just moved to the old school
system of sending out thugs to collect 'protection' money. After all, it
works in Russia.

-- Bill Humphries "It's not a poll tax, it's a charge for the value-added
service of suffering you to live."