Re: Becoming our mother?

From: Wayne E Baisley (wbaisley@enspherics.com)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 19:29:49 PST

> What pisses me off is that I've paid huge amounts in taxes, feeling
> okay about it because it was paying off the debt

That was your first mistake. Congress either can't (at least for
long-term debt which is, well, long-term), or won't (they *like* to
spend other people's money; who wouldn't?) pay off the debt. Your job
is to not like it and let them know that they should knock it off.

> and now Bush is going to hand it all back to the old rich who still
> have money in this post-crash economy.

Yep, it's going back to the very people who overpaid in the first place.
Is that a surprise? Is that wrong?

Cheers,
Wayne