Big Uncle (was P2P's essense - was FoRK This Action!! (P2P's Dark Side))

From: Grlygrl201@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 04:17:08 PST

In a message dated 3/5/01 8:45:56 AM Eastern Standard Time, Adam "The
Unicoder" Beberg writes:

<< Hint: enough people demand (and pay for) static IP's that we run out,
 forcing the IPv6 issue, then we have enough addresses, and having a static
 IP just becomes normal, forcing costs down, then client+server just becomes
 the universal norm again. Opps, did I mention paying, well that plan will
 never work will it, odds are we'll just build more layers of NAT until the
 internet is completely useless.

 On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Damien "The Dessiminator" Morton wrote:
> What if these policies were mandated by the governement.

 They are sure trying their best.

 - Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg (aka The Unicoder)
   http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/
   beberg@mithral.com >>

:-)

nobody listens to the grly:
http://xent.ics.uci.edu/FoRK-archive/dec00/0901.html

here's a conspiracy theory thought: the govt controls content. not in the
"cnn = clinton news network" context but as in twx/aol flies under the
justice dept radar in exchange for the largest inroad to the masses.

attributingly,
geege "here's your entre, doctor" schuman (aka "more schuman than human"*)

* wz