Re: [TimBL on the Web's History, Aug 1996] Why did the Web take off?

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 13:17:41 PST

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Adam Rifkin wrote:

--]Tom wrote:
--]> So do the last few posts mean we are officaly in the "look back on the
--]> golden days and analyze why we all saw the crash comming but still acted
--]> surprised" phase?
--]
--]No. The last few posts represent the belief that you can't know where
--]the world is going unless you know where the world has been.

If we were all paying attention while it was happening then we would
mostly know that:)-

I know most folks were too involived in taking pictures and documenting
the happening like tokyo tourists at disney, so i agree many folks will
need to stop and take a look at the second hand historys even though they
were there when it was happening.

theres bound to be a market for this on the dead tree shelves, get your
pens ready forkers.

--]
--]By crash I assume you mean the stock market.

No by crash I mean when the sheepele's tables were snapped back to the
upright postion as the crux of the biscuit slammed hard on the nose of the
Good Ship Delusional.

the dream went poof as the alrm clock blarred its early morning wendy o
williams wake up call to a cold room and no slippers in site.

To sleep perchance to dream..ahhh rub it

the stock market is just the BBCesque (not the londnon based bbs) whack
off poster that is now more soil than substance. The hype was just about
as flat and airbrushed as a typical centerfold one hander.

--]
--]Oooh, Fight Club reference. 10 points!
--]
--]We believe in the interconnectedness of all things, yadda yadda yadda...
--] -- http://us.imdb.com/Quotes?0137523 racking up 400 points...

Oh adam, why settle for a rehash of the cliff notes when you can go to the
source? For shame.

The script....
http://www.crosswinds.net/%7Efilmhouse/scripts/fight_club.html

                 With my tongue, I can feel the