[FoRK] Question: Regarding Creating An Tech-Candidate AssessmentApplication

Ken Ganshirt ken at ganshirt.ca
Fri Mar 22 11:42:35 PDT 2019

Greg, you said:
“It should be related to something they really have to learn at the job or
related to a recent issue that needed to be solved. “

Cory would really have to be careful with the assignment. You can’t assess someone’s ability to demonstrate this if they have no access to the people/environment they need in order to acquire the necessary understanding in enough detail to code a solution, eg. overnight assignment.

You could, on the other hand, expect them to describe – verbally in the interview, with help from the whiteboard and suitable hand waving – how they would approach designing the actual solution and building it.

                     ...ken...