[FoRK] Super-Intelligent Humans Are Coming

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat Oct 25 10:32:52 PDT 2014

Yea, right.  Didn't stop him from shipping a self-driving car.  Maybe we need the AI overlord equivalent to a national security
letter canary.  AIOC?

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/24/5835708/google-x-labs-artificial-intelligence-elon-musk-terminator
> Shotgun Guy dropped the car into gear. "Fucking robots. We should have listened to Elon Musk
> <http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/18/5820880/elon-musk-worried-ai-research-could-produce-real-terminator> when we had the chance."

We are a long way off from serious danger from AI, or AGI (artificial general intelligence) really.  Although SCADA hacking by
TLAs is dangerous already.  More likely that we'll soon need AI for defense from humans.  The upside of AGI far outweighs the
dangers.

sdw