[FoRK] [zfs] Announcing OpenZFS

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Sep 20 09:34:37 PDT 2013

> I gave up long ago trying to run 64-bit browsers, with the exception of Ubuntu.

Are you still using Windows?

> Greg
>
> On 9/20/2013 7:35 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>> Depends on the browser. 64 bit Firefox does a lot better than Chrome.
>> I regularly crash any of these two on 12-16 GByte RAM hexacore machine.
>> Maybe not 700, but 300+ tabs and higher. Bookmarks? What are these???

A less organized history of some pages you visited, referred to less than the regular history.

>> And the real fun starts when there's half a dozen tabs that all start
>> playing something.

Yes.  My most desired feature is to have the favicon vibrate to indicate that tab has active audio.  There are time I just have to
turn down my volume until I have time to find the offending page.

I need CPU / memory / composite activity (video / animations) / audio "top" for browser tab "processes"...
For now, I am not leaving http://jslinux.org tabs up, so it isn't as bad as it was.  I hate it when I leave Linux running in a tab.
Talk about first world problems.  ;-)