[FoRK] helping kids to learn programming?

Mark Day mark_s_day at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 06:54:55 PDT 2013

In general, I would recommend Scratch (scratch.mit.edu).  It's how my interested-in-programming child initially pursued his interest.  He's since moved on to Java, but I think that might have been a hard place to start.

Unfortunately I don't think Scratch will work on an iPad.  It requires Adobe Flash and my recollection is that the iPad is a Flash-free zone,

--Mark