[FoRK] what tech will your kids never use?

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 24 03:16:53 PST 2013

Indeed, but for auto use they're toast.

For tourism, however, there's really something to be said for the finer
detail you can get in an overview of an area.  A map folding out to 36"
packs quite a lot more accessible information than panning and zooming
around even something as large as a tablet screen.  That and you get better
collaborative accessibility.  Several people can pore over a larger map
better.

I still use my 11x17 chart books onboard for this.

Once you know where you're going though, it's hard to beat nav on screen.

-Bill