[FoRK] what tech will your kids never use?

Joseph S. Barrera III j3 at barrera.org
Sat Feb 23 18:16:33 PST 2013

On 2/22/2013 4:08 PM, Bill Kearney wrote:

 > Carb cleaner ain't going away.  I'm guessing you've never seen the
intake of a throttle body...  Now, unless you're equating that with the
demise of the internal combustion engine... which is still pretty
unlikely, at least within a generation or two.

I should have just said Carburetor.

Once, a long time ago, I saw the holes that live underneath the
carburetor in my old 1969 Buick Skylark, 350ci, 4 barrel carburetor. I
vaguely remember that I eschewed the excitement of the billion piece
carburetor rebuild kit and instead just got a rebuilt carburetor.

I do not miss carburetors.

"Hand-throttle down, key on, foot on starter stalk, mixture control out,
turn engine, adjust spark advance to terrain gradient, release parking
brake, clutch in, select gear, check charge, adjust throttle, advance!
Come on, man! Cease the rannygazoo!"

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06202012

- Joe
--