[FoRK] what tech will your kids never use?

Russell Turpin russell.turpin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 16:12:48 PST 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Joseph S. Barrera III <j3 at barrera.org> wrote:
> Sewing machines? When I was a kid, every mom had a sewing machine.

I suspect sewing machines will remain in use for decades to come. At
least, until we have sewing robots. How else would shades, cushion
covers, and biminis get made? The fact that most Americans today don't
make their own clothes, take their clothes to a shop to be repaired,
or simply discard clothing that needs repair, is more a change in
economics than technology. The sewing machines still are out there,
just not in most homes.

> Ignition keys that are just dumb pieces of metal with notches.

House keys, too.