[FoRK] what tech will your kids never use?

jeffrey kay jeff at jeffreykay.com
Fri Feb 22 09:16:16 PST 2013

Interesting way of looking at this --- what things did we consider "new
tech" and innovative as kids that today are obsolete.

A few things come immediately to mind ---

Clocks with flip numbers.
LED wrist watches with a button to light them up.
Rabbit ear antennas.
Floppy disks, in all of their wonderful shapes and sizes.
Monochrome monitors, especially amber ones. I supposed CGA monitors as well
Phones with dials instead of buttons.
2 line phones.
Slide rules (yes, I had a good one at one point).

We're also nearly at the point where calculators are obsolete, replaced with
tablets and smartphones.

Reminds me of  http://www.beloit.edu/mindset/2016/.

--- jbk
--- jeff at jeffreykay.com | www.jeffreykay.com (blog) | www.kayslens.com
(photos) | kosherhog (twitter) | החזיר הכשר