[FoRK] what tech will your kids never use?

Joseph S. Barrera III j3 at barrera.org
Fri Feb 22 08:11:01 PST 2013

On 2/22/2013 8:04 AM, Bill Kearney wrote:

 > Or dedicated disc players at all, perhaps not even the discs given
streaming or downloads...

Yeah... I'm less sure about that, at least in our kids' time. As long as
there is value in existing DVD collections -- that is, as long as the
movies they contain are not free or cheap via streaming -- I think
people will be reluctant to toss their DVD collection. So folks will
still want to keep a DVD player in their A/V stack. It may just not get
used much.

- Joe
--
Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x