[FoRK] what tech will your kids never use?

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 07:18:39 PST 2013

So, a friend of mine and I have had a bit of a back-forth contest over the
years.  Based on the question of what tech that we grew up won't likely be
used by our kids?

Yes, there's always going to be a contingent of old-school practitioners, so
let's not get into a debate over the merits of film, vinyl and the like.

Add a few each and let's see how many come to mind:

Phones with handset cords
Film cameras
Vinyl records (one friend's kid remarked "look, black CD's!" when first
coming across 45's at a flea market.)