[FoRK] Wire new house for CAT6?

Wayne Baisley baisley at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Feb 21 20:01:08 PST 2013

Remote Sneakernet! You download the bits via the Kermit connection, transfer it over your Ethernet coax with the vampire taps to the machine with the 5-1/4" floppies. Walk the floppy over to the target machine, the one without a network connection.

About the time I quit doing that, I wired the house with Cat 5e. 11n is speedy enough, it's nice to isolate the wired net from the wireless that has occasional visitors.  If they want my tax return info, they'll have to bring a 5-1/4" floppy.

Wayne