[FoRK] Wire new house for CAT6?

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 16:53:37 PST 2013

True, but for set top boxes it has it's merits.  Mainly because they're not
likely to be demanding a lot throughput, let alone much collision-sensitive
traffic.  Because the bulk of their consumption is a cable signal on the
rest of the frequencies.  So their MOCA traffic is usually relegated to dhcp
lease, guide data and ISP head-end streamed video.  It's only when the
idiots trying to use it for real networking that it becomes a bit of a joke.
Just pull the eff'ng CAT5 you cheapskate bastards...