[FoRK] Wire new house for CAT6?

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Thu Feb 21 08:24:39 PST 2013

Q: Do you have a central PC or media server that serves up HD/Blu-ray
ripped movies to other wired devices in the house?  Do you regularly
copy 2GB to 25GB of data or media between devices and computers that are
wired?  That have raid0 SSDs in them?  (When I say wired, I don't mean
temporarily plugged in using a USB3 cable).  In fact, do all of your
wired devices have raid0 ssds?

If the answer is no, then don't bother.

Greg