[FoRK] [tt] Vint Cerf is full of shit

Gary Stock gstock at nexcerpt.com
Thu Jan 5 13:17:05 PST 2012

On 1/5/12 3:48 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:

| (ability to TCP/IP is free speech. period.)

Ability to use it, if it exists -- agreed.

When I read Cerf's piece earlier today, I wondered how much more he
could jumble his premise, and still get something published! Cerf seems
to wobble back and forth between discussing "actually having internet
access," and "being allowed to use internet access."

True, "actually having" IP tone seems merely a privilege.  Someone needs
to pay for it, at least, which hinders ubiquity.

However, "being allowed to use" IP tone seems as close to a universal
human right as anything that has appeared in my lifetime...

GS

Gary Stock                                        gstock at nexcerpt.com
Nexcerpt            http://www.nexcerpt.com/      269.624.1140 direct