[FoRK] Article: Towards a sensor commons « Technology Treason

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Thu Jan 5 10:25:59 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 04:43:43PM -0800, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar wrote:
> Towards a sensor commons « Technology Treason
> http://ajfisher.me/2011/12/20/towards-a-sensor-commons/

Glad to see someone else happen on the idea.

That's been Natalie Jeremijenko's work for the past few years.  Except for
her early "robot dogs" work (and the occasional "woah! hot chick engineer!")
it hasn't gotten nearly the attention it deserves in our post-factual age.

As coding-free WiFi-enabled devices like the Twine Box
(http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/?p=86373 ) hit the market, we might see
more measurement and maybe more useful information.

Related: As my brother spins up his (hardware-oriented) startup, it's
amazing to see how the startup-promotion biz-dev folks have focused on
web- and app-startups to the exclusion of any other sort of business.