[FoRK] Disruptive innovation

Ken Meltsner meltsner at alum.mit.edu
Thu Dec 29 12:20:05 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> wrote:

> Banks are done. With 1-4 on every street corner in America, that should be
> fairly disruptive. Banks with branches won't be able to compete. BLS says
> that's about 1.8M jobs... I give them about 2 years.

Banks are done?  They keep building them (branch offices) around here, so
clearly someone disagrees.  I do wonder why we need more branch offices
(and entirely new banks) since it's not like there is a significant
increase in population in Wisconsin.  If they were just changing the names,
I'd understand, but there are several entirely new buildings within a few
miles of my home.

Ken Meltsner