[FoRK] Advice From An Old Programmer

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Tue Jun 21 16:20:11 PDT 2011

> Nice. And it has a dual meaning. "code never lies / lays" Code walks the
> walk. "Talk says, code does." (Oh the tortured language.)

My favorite quote from Boondock Saints:

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Boondock-Saints-2-All-Saints-Day.html

           EXT. BOYLESTON STREET, BOSTON -- MORNING

The boulevard is empty, eerie silence. No cars, no people. A man
           walks down the middle of the street, long trench, dark shades.
           Though he does not speak, we hear...

                                  MAN V.O.
                      There's two kinds of people in this
                      world when you boil it all down. You
                      got your talkers and you got your
                      doers.

We recognize this man as ROCCO. He crosses Copley Square toward the
           looming dome of the Trinity Church.

                                  ROCCO V.O.
                      Most people are just talkers. All they
                      got is talk. But when all's said and