[FoRK] Poll Finds Shift Toward Libertarian Views

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Tue Jun 21 14:57:15 PDT 2011

City recently threatened to sue a new homeowner, a close friend of mine,
to prevent him from cutting down a tree even though:

a) No action was taken by him
b) Any previous tree-crimes were committed by the neighbor
c) He only inquired if he could trim the tree as a fire hazard as he
bought his house half burned and according to the aforementioned city's
own fire guidelines, required it to be trimmed, and
d) not trimming it would result in fire hazard fines

That's not filtering, that's completely different precept.

Greg